sustained investigation 1

 materials: graphite, watercolors, charcoal, newspaper, cardboard, glue, construction paper, tape





processes: I initially had a number of different photos, quotes, drawings, and ideas that I had laid out and glued to a brown sheet of paper. Some were watercolor paintings (the humming bird and the orange face) and others were done with other media, but I wanted to tied them together by giving them a common background and color scheme. I wrote out one of the quotes and also used newspaper and cardboard to add interest.  I wanted the colors and ideas to pop more, so I cut them out again glued them to a white sheet of paper, making the entire piece more clean and easier to understand. 

ideas: the connection between women and flowers is typically viewed as feminine; it is normally very one dimensional. however, i would like to deconstruct these biases and build them into something more complex and full of life, just like nature is. This would be adding the aspects of culture, emotions, and curiosity into the mix, and tying it all together to show that the connection can be done much more wxtensive than it seems to be.

Comments

Popular Posts