meeting the mentor : reaching to infinity


 materials: cardboard, acrylic

processes: I initially drew a sketch that was highly improvised and inaccurate. I need to spend more time on my sketches. I liked one of my characters, so I kept her, but the other one I had to redraw and repaint. I then did a base coat and painted the flowers. I cut out much of the background to add some texture and some depth, as well as cutting the piece up and adding some of the extra cardboard as flower petals. This one is supposed to be relatively cartoonish because it will be in the middle of my portfolio, so have some grace with her:)

ideas: 

- entry into the "flower world" and meeting the mentor

- mentor was younger than her because younger people can often teach older people things

- she is escaping from her school work haha

- slight nod to Michelangelo's "the creation of Adam"

Comments

Popular Posts